Review your received Claims and certify them with ease.
This guide will show you how to certify Claims for your Consultants, Contractors, Trades or Subcontractors within PayLab.
When to use it
Once you have linked your project with your Claimer, each month you can certify their Claims within PayLab eliminating the need for circular emails that are easily lost.
How to use it
Follow this article if you have completed linking to a Claimers project. If you haven't yet linked to the right project, read this article and ensure your Claimer has sent you a link.
If you are a Claimer wanting to know how to link a Certifier to your project please read this article.
Certifying a Claim
- When your client sends through a claim you will be able to certify that claim. You can find all claims in 'Trades' in the top menu bar.
- Once you in the Trades page, select the Project you wish to certify the Claim for. Once you are there, click on the 'Cert' button for the Claim you want to Certify
- Now you can review the claim. You will need to add a 'Certificate Reference' to proceed to the next page.
- If you are happy with the Claim then proceed by clicking 'Next' a the bottom on the page. If you don't agree with the Claim, change to the amount you think it should be and add a reason for the change then proceed to the next page.
- Review the Pay Cert and if you are happy with it then click 'Issue Certificate' if you need to edit the Pay Cert then click 'Back' or you can 'Exit' if you want to wait to issue it at a later date. There is also the option to 'Download PDF' version of the Pay Cert if you need to share with someone who doesn't have a PayLab account.
- If you altered the Pay Cert from the original Claim you can also upload any additional documents to support your reason. Upload the documents before you Issue the Pay Cert.
- After you click 'Issue Certificate' and confirmation window will pop up and you are done! It's that easy!